The work on which the nominees are judged must class as “professional”, where the publication either
- provided at least a quarter the income of any one person, or
- was owned or published by any entity which provided at least a quarter the income of any of its staff and/or owner
"Professional" works include covers and interior art published in:
- Traditionally-published books
- SFWA-Qualified Markets
- Work published by the professional publications listed at the bottom of this page (Prozines)
WSFS Constitution 3.3.12: Best Professional Artist. An illustrator whose work has appeared in a professional publication in the field of science fiction or fantasy during the previous calendar year.
WSFS Constitution 3.9.2: In the Best Professional Artist category, the acceptance should include citations of at least three (3) works first published in the eligible year.
"Fan" works include covers and interior art published in:
- Self-published books
- Venues which are not SFWA-Qualified Markets
- Work published by Semiprozines
- Work published in Fanzines
- Work published on websites (including the author's site)
Pages in category "Best Professional Artist"
The following 25 pages are in this category, out of 25 total.